Charleston is a great tourist destination year-round!
The best time to visit is of course during our fabulous Shavuot Retreat, but if you can’t make it then, come anytime!
Join us for Shabbat in our beautiful and historic main sanctuary, or call the synagogue office for a mid-week tour. Accommodations are available at many area hotels, inns and bed and breakfasts. (Due to the high volume of home hospitality requests in downtown historic Charleston we are not always able to house and provide meals for tourists.)
For general visitor and tourist Information please visit The Charleston Visitor Center or call 843-853-8000.
Why is Charleston the best kept secret in America?
Charleston offers the Jewish amenities of most large communities, while still maintaining the charm, warmth and quality of living found in smaller cities.
- Relaxed pace of life – where people slow down and enjoy living each day
- Beautiful weather year-round (average high of 60-80 degrees)
- Charleston is a historic and well established Jewish community three hundred and fifty years old with a proud history and a strong future
- A strong Orthodox-run Jewish day school (Nearly 200 children)
- A growing and open-minded Jewish community – without stereotypes
- Mikvah, Eruv, Chevra Kadisha, youth programming, active Jewish life at the College of Charleston
- Regular shiurim and programs for men and women
- A wonderful place to raise well mannered children
- One of the top tourist destinations in the country
- Annual 3 week Spoleto cultural, music and arts festival
- Diverse housing options
- Breathtaking beaches and landscapes
- Vacation on the beautiful surrounding barrier Islands
- Charleston is a city where people actually smile and say hello to one another on the street
- A community where your presence makes a real difference
- Thriving and growing economy and job market, including a flourishing medical university and law community
- Some the world’s best Golf courses
- Symphony orchestra, theatre and sporting events at the Charleston Coliseum, Aquarium, Children’s Museum, Fort Sumter
- Charleston is repeatedly voted the #1 friendliest city in the USA, and is one of the best kept secrets in America!
Southern Hospitality – we invite you to try it!