Charleston is a great tourist destination year-round!
For Visitor and Tourist Information please visit The Charleston Visitor Center or call 843-853-8000
Why is Charleston the best kept secret in America?
Charleston offers the Jewish amenities of most large communities, while still maintaining the charm, warmth and quality of living found in smaller cities.
- Relaxed pace of life – where people slow down and enjoy living each day
- Beautiful weather year-round (average high of 60-80 degrees) Charleston is a historic and well established Jewish community three hundred and fifty years old with a proud history and a strong future
- A strong Orthodox-run Jewish day school (Nearly 200 children)
- A growing and open-minded Jewish community – without stereotypes
- Kosher JCC facility, bagel and pastry bakery
- Newly renovated Mikvah, 3 Eruvin, NCSY, Chevra Kadisha, active Hillel at the College of Charleston
- Daily Shiurim and Classes for men and women
- A wonderful place to raise well mannered children
- One of the top tourist destinations in the country
- Annual 3 week Spoleto Cultural, music and arts Festival
- Diverse Housing costs range from 100K to million dollar historic homes
- Breathtaking beaches and landscapes
- Vacation on the beautiful surrounding Barrier Islands
- Charleston is city where people actually smile and say hello to one another on the street
- A community where your presence makes a real difference
- Thriving and growing economy and job market, including a flourishing medical university and law community
- Some the world’s best Golf courses
- Symphony Orchestra, Theatre and Sporting events at the Charleston Coliseum, Aquarium, Children’s Museum, Fort Sumter
- Charleston is repeatedly voted the #1 friendliest city in the USA, and is one of the best kept secrets in America!
Southern Hospitality – we invite you to try it!
- BSBI offers Minyanim every morning and every evening! Daily Shacharit services at 7:00 am and Mincha/Ma’ariv (check service times on the calendar) in the Hyman Karesh Memorial Chapel.
- Charleston is home to 3 different Eruvim, please click here to view them.
- The Riverview Comfort-Inn Downtown is within the Eruv – 843-577-2224